When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on September 15th:
- Unraveling the Chemistry of Titan’s Hazy Atmosphere: An international team of scientists has announced the confirmation of a key chemical reaction that forms the molecule triacetylene in the ultra-cold atmosphere of Saturn’s moon Titan.
- NASA’s LCROSS Reveals Target Crater for Lunar South Pole Impacts: NASA has selected a final destination for its Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite, or LCROSS, after a journey of nearly 5.6 million miles that included several orbits around Earth and the moon.
- Most Distant Supermassive Black Hole: University of Hawaii astronomer Dr. Tomotsugu Goto and colleagues have discovered a giant galaxy surrounding the most distant black hole ever found.
- Scientists report adulthood body size associated with cancer risk: A team of scientists led by an assistant professor at the UH Cancer Research Center of Hawaii has reported that body mass in younger and older adulthood, and weight gain between these life periods, may influence a man’s risk for prostate cancer.
- Hawaii researchers explore previously unseen coral: Scientists over the past month explored coral reefs in the remote Northwestern Hawaiian Islands that until recently were considered too deep for scuba divers to reach.
- Kewalo Basin Lab Wins Millions In Fed Funds: An established marine laboratory at Kewalo Basin recently raked in about $4.5 million in federal funding, but scientists still fear it may not be enough to secure their future.
- Proposed merger at UH draws fire: An advisory committee to University of Hawaii at Manoa Chancellor Virginia Hinshaw is endorsing a proposal to combine the School of Travel Industry Management with the Shidler College of Business.
- Pacific Rim Summit to Highlight Biotechnology Tools for the Green Economy: The Biotechnology Industry Organization today announced the sessions and speaker presentations to be delivered at the 2009 Pacific Rim Summit on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy, to be held Nov. 8-11, 2009 in Honolulu.
- AltairNano Looks to Supply Batteries to Hawaii Solar Project: The battery maker is competing with A123 for grid-scale energy storage contracts. Lithium-ion may be an up-and-coming tech for ‘power-oriented’ grid storage, says GTM Research analyst John Kluza.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.