When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on August 3rd:
- Gamers fight back after robbers target PC Gamerz in Kaneohe: Two masked robbers that targeted an internet gaming center in Kaneohe Wednesday night never expected their victims to fight back. But they did and it was all caught on video.
- Generating energy from ocean waters off Hawaii: Researchers at UH say that the Leeward side of Hawaiian Islands may be ideal for future ocean-based renewable energy plants that would use seawater to drive massive heat engines and produce steady amounts of renewable energy.
- Hawaii supercomputing center to receive $5 million: The Hawaii Open Supercomputing Center at the University of Hawaii will receive $5 million for the expansion of research initiatives and facility upgrades, Senators Daniel K. Inouye and Daniel K. Akaka announced today.
- Brown Dwarf Found Orbiting a Young Sun-Like Star: Astronomers have imaged a very young brown dwarf, or failed star, in a tight orbit around a young nearby sun-like star.
- Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Granted World Heritage Status: The U.S. Marine National Monument that encompasses the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands was inscribed Friday on the United Nations’ World Heritage List in recognition of its outstanding natural and cultural values.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.