Startup Demo Day Coming Jan. 16
Hawaii’s growingÂ startup scene will again be showcased at the second Startup Paradise Demo Day,Â set to take place on Friday, Jan. 16 at the University of Hawaii Cancer Center‘s Sullivan Conference Center. The event will run from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m., followed by a reception.
The demo day will feature portfolio companies fromÂ three local startup programs: Blue Startups, Energy Excelerator, and XLR8UH:
- Selly: Mobile sales platform for direct selling.
- AdvLo: Adventure travel guide network.
- InTouch: Secure communications and tracking.
- JobRangers: Social recruiting platform.
- Sagely: Connecting senior communities.
- TipTopHealth: Data-driven patient marketing.
- Diagenetix: Biocontamination management.
- FlyWire: Modular high-definition cameras.
- Stem: Renewable energy integration.
- Pono Home: Energy cost reduction audits.
- Shifted Energy: Water heater-based energy storage.
Tickets are $35 plus a $2.92 fee and available via Eventbrite.Â For more information, visit BlueStartups.com or connect with the programÂ on Facebook or on Twitter.
Here are photos from the first Startup Paradise Demo DayÂ in June of last year, where 500 Startups founder Dave McClure was the featured speaker.
Meanwhile, if you’ve harbored dreams of launching a startup yourself, applications are now open for the fifth cohort of Blue Startups.Â TheÂ Hawaii-based venture accelerator offersÂ up to $70,000 in investment and mentorship in exchange for 6 percent of equity.
Interested entrepreneurs and startups are invited to apply online by Jan. 15, with the program to start Feb. 17.
[…] For a list of participating companies and information on applying for the upcoming fifth cohort of Blue Startups, check out Hawaii Blog. […]
[…] Here’s something Ryan O. just mentioned over at his site. It’s a 3-hour informational get together for the growing Hawaii start-up scene. Check out Ryan’s post here. […]