Bookmarks for May 4th
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on May 4th:
- Dow AgroSciences to lease Kauai sugar lands: Dow AgroSciences LLC has signed a multiyear lease for 3,400 acres from Gay & Robinson on the eastern ridge of Makaweli on Kauai for corn seed crops. Operations will begin immediately.
- Gemini Observatory Releases Image of Most Distant Known Object in Universe: The Gemini Observatory has released the first color image of what astronomers are calling the most distant object ever seen in the universe. The object is what is known as a Gamma-ray burst (GRB) which are the most energetic single events known in the universe.
- Mauna Kea Telescope To Be Decommissioned: The California Institute of Technology will begin decommissioning the Caltech Submillimeter Observatory in 2016. The university plans to return the site to its natural state by 2018.
- Hawaii Students Succeed with Statewide 3D Printing: Hawaii is the first and only state to have implemented prototyping technology at the statewide level, and Z Corporation’s 3D printers – the fastest and most affordable available – are the de facto standard.
- GIS Education Helps Prepare Students for High-Tech Careers: Hawaii becomes the first state in the nation with a comprehensive set of license agreements that offers students in schools the opportunity to use the full complement of ESRI’s geographic information system (GIS) software products.
- Newly Rebuilt Drillship JOIDES Resolution On Way To Port Call: The drillship JOIDES Resolution will make a port call in Honolulu, Hawaii, May 5-9, 2009. When it arrives, an international team of scientists studying seafloor sediments will have completed the first of two nine-week Integrated Ocean Drilling Program (IODP) expeditions to the equatorial Pacific Ocean.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.