Bookmarks for November 23rd
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on November 23rd:
- Waikiki expo shows off security systems: About a dozen makers and marketers of anti-terrorism inventions held a show-and-tell at a summit in Waikiki Monday. Some of the inventions are already being utilized in the field.
- Big Isle farm promises rich biofuel source: Algae has been grabbing the lion’s share of attention in Hawaii’s effort to develop a home -grown biofuel industry. As a feedstock for biofuel production, its credentials are impressive.
- Lockheed Martin To Continue Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion In Hawaii: The U.S. Naval Facilities Engineering Command awarded Lockheed Martin a $4.4 million contract modification to advance the design for an OTEC pilot plant off the coast of Hawaii.
- Gigantic gravity ‘Lenses’ magnify galaxies far, far away: A chance alignment of galaxies, recently observed by a space observatory, presents the perfect opportunity for studying star-forming galaxies billions of light-years away.
- $150,000 gift from Laura and Donald Goo nurtures architects of tomorrow: Donald Goo and his wife Laura have established the endowed School of Architecture Practicum Fund with their $150,000 gift.
- 3 regents back new degree at UH-MC: The proposed bachelor’s degree at UH would cover energy-production fundamentals, including distribution and management, water resources management, wastewater treatment and waste management.
- Students to sail the high seas: The unique student exchange is believed to be the first time Hawaii high schoolers have joined the student crew of a Japanese training vessel for an open-ocean trip.
- Venture capital group honors winners of its yearly awards: The Hawaii Venture Capital Association has announced the winners of its third annual Entrepreneur of the Year award.
- Suspect in iPad theft tracked down by GPS technology: Police say they were able to track the stolen property to a moving vehicle in Waimanalo using the victim’s cell phone, which is equipped with a GPS tracker.
- Disney Putting on a ‘Tiki’ Mask: Disney is in early negotiations to pick up Tiki, a spec script from Ahmet Zappa and Michael Wilson that is set in the world of Polynesian mythology.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.