Bookmarks for August 21st
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on August 21st:
- Reporter Catches Bullet: Video: Turkish journalists are caught in a war zone. One reporter was shot in the head but somehow has returned to stable condition. The Turkish team was in between the town of Gori and breakaway South Ossetia where Georgian and Russian forces have collided.
- Obama and McCain Tax Proposals: Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain are both proposing tax plans that would result in cuts for most American families. Obama’s plan gives the biggest cuts to those who make the least, while McCain would give the largest cuts to the very wealthy.
- AllVoices.com: “The first open media site where anyone can report from anywhere.” Or so they say. Not true, but a fair effort. SMS enabled, nice map mashup. But NowPublic has a pretty good head start in this space.
- CNN Report: You Love Reporting | Epicenter from Wired.com: User submissions to iReport have totaled 175,000 videos and photos since their launch, and the majority of those (125,000) were in the second year… Some stories have proven successful into making the leap mainstream.
- Yahoo Search Comes to the iPhone – ReadWriteWeb: Yahoo has unveiled a dedicated iPhone version of its search service, which integrates results from SearchMonkey modules and also does a good job at displaying Flickr photos or movie showtimes in the results… while nice, can't compete with the native Google app or Google's mobile sites for Safari.
- Bytemarks Cafe – Episode 3 – Aug. 20, 2008: Today we talk to Guy Kawasaki about entrepreneurship, evangelism and technology trends. In the studio we have his Chief Evangelist for Alltop.com, Neenz Faleafine. We also hear from Elliot Pulham, President and CEO of the Space Foundation, on a local aerospace event.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.