Bookmarks for December 10th
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on December 10th:
- Governor Lingle Presents Innovation Awards: Governor Linda Lingle today recognized six recipients of the Governor’s Innovation Awards for their ingenuity and commitment to developing creative ways for Hawai‘i to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Fish and Wildlife Service Designates Critical Habitat for Hawaii’s Endemic Picture-wing Flies: The U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service this week announced habitat protections under the Endangered Species Act for 12 species of Hawaii’s endemic picture-wing flies — small insects in the Drosophilidae family known as the “birds of paradise” of the insect world.
- Researchers begin Keahole offshore study: University of Hawaii is creating an underwater coastal observatory off Keahole Point, which will soon allow researchers to study the deep in ways unlike before.
- First Hawaiian signs seawater air conditioning contract: First Hawaiian Bank will be the first customer to use a new seawater air-conditioning system. Hawaii’s largest bank announced Monday in a joint press release with Honolulu Seawater Air Conditioning that it has signed a multiyear contract to use the new renewable energy system.
- The best films of 2008… and there were a lot of them: Roger Ebert: “A best films list should be a celebration of wonderful films, not a chopping process. And 2008 was a great year for movies, even if many of them didn’t receive wide distribution.”
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.