Bookmarks for June 3rd
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on June 3nd:
- Hybrid remotely operated vehicle ‘Nereus’ reaches deepest part of the ocean: A new type of deep-sea robotic vehicle called Nereus has successfully reached the deepest part of the world's ocean, reports a team of U.S. engineers and scientists aboard the research vessel Kilo Moana.
- $1 Million Gift to University of Hawai‘i at MÄnoa’s Confocal Microscopy Laboratory: Pam Omidyar has given $1 million to the University of Hawai‘i at MÄnoa's Confocal Microscopy Laboratory at the Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology (HIMB). This donation will allow for the purchase of a new microscope.
- New degree signals Maui CC name change: If the Board of Regents approves a proposal to offer a second bachelor’s degree at Maui Community College, it will likely mean a name change for the Kahului campus to the University of Hawaii-Maui.
- In-depth Look At Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Marine Life, Ecosystems: A new NOAA report on the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (NWHI), protected by the PapahÄnaumokuÄkea Marine National Monument, provides the sharpest picture yet of the region’s marine life and ecosystems.
- Futuristic aircraft may land in Hawaii: The aeroscraft is filled with helium, powered by motors, and when the first prototype rolls off the line in about two years, it can land almost anywhere.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.