Bookmarks for June 7th
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on June 7th:
- USDA Begins National Survey of Honey Bee Pests and Diseases: The Department of Agriculture today announced the beginning of a 13-state survey of honey bee pests and diseases contributing to the decline of honey bee colonies nationwide.
- Hawaii is nation’s driest state: Next month will mark a year of “extreme drought” conditions, and Hawaii has become the driest state in the nation, according to the National Weather Service.
- It’s Been Special: Roz Savage: “An estimated five thousand people came down to the harbour to greet me to Madang. About twenty canoes, paddled by people in traditional costume, escorted me the last half mile to the dock.”
- Experts share climate-change findings at UH-Hilo conference: Climate change is a given for scientists converging this week at the University of Hawai’i-Hilo for the Pacific Congress on Marine Science and Technology.
- Commercial Data Systems curtails U.S. presence, lays off 20: Commercial Data Systems recently laid off 20 employees — about a quarter of its staff — and closed its Herndon, Va., office near Washington, D.C.
- Pictured: spectacular moment space missile smashes into Jupiter: The spectacular moment that a space missile smashed into the planet Jupiter has been captured by amateur astronomers for the first time.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.