Bookmarks for August 9th
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on August 9th:
- Childhood personality traits predict adult behavior: Using data from a 1960s study of approximately 2,400 ethnically diverse elementary schoolchildren in Hawaii, researchers compared teacher personality ratings of the students with videotaped interviews of 144 of those individuals 40 years later.
- UH awarded $4 million for international research networking: The University of Hawaii has received a $4 million 5-year award from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to advance international research networking in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Ancient Hawaiian glaciers reveal clues to global climate impacts: Boulders deposited by an ancient glacier that once covered the summit of Mauna Kea on the island of Hawaii have provided more evidence of the extraordinary power and reach of global change.
- Green groups wary of Navyâ€™s intentions: Leaders of a couple of environmental watchdog groups said this week that they would keep an eye on the U.S. Navy’s plans to conduct military readiness training and testing in Hawaiian waters as well as off the coast of Southern California.
- US Labor Department awards $9.6 million to improve unemployment insurance IT: Awards totaling $9,556,068 that will go to 29 states and the Virgin Islands to improve unemployment insurance information technology contingency plans and unemployment insurance IT security. Hawaii will receive $100,000.
- Switch to LED Technology from Pacific Eco-Lights Means Cost Savings: Pacific Eco-Lights, LLC, offering energy-saving LEDs that reduce electric bills and CO2 emissions, announces its newest customer: Hawaiâ€˜i Pacific Health.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.