Bookmarks for March 25th
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on March 25th:
- Bill in Legislature pushes to put Hawaii medical records online: A system linking all hospital, patient and physician records via an online database would cut medical costs in Hawai'i and improve patient care by giving doctors immediate access to key information.
- Astronomers discover galactic ‘freak’: Astronomers have discovered a galactic freak – an extremely rare ultra-compact dwarf galaxy – that could furnish the missing link in understanding how galaxies and their clusters evolve.
- Program at Castle ends bloodstream infections: Castle Medical Center's intensive-care unit has not had a single bloodstream infection since linking up with a study developed by Johns Hopkins University. The initiative is aimed at preventing infections from a "central line" catheter that hospitals use to administer fluids and medicine and take blood samples.
- Technology Revolution at JPAC: Technology is revolutionizing the work of JPAC, the US military's Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command at Hickam Air Force Base in Hawaii, which finds and identifies American soldiers, sailors, airmen, guardsmen and Marines who have fallen in action.
- Tetris Unveils New Casual Gaming Site, Tetris Friends Online Games: Video game industry legends Minoru Arakawa, Henk Rogers and Alexey Pajitnov, who helped make Tetris a household name, have teamed together once again to bring America's favorite casual game to the Web.
- Report: Nearly all native birds in Hawaii in peril: One-third of the nation's endangered birds are in Hawaii, said the report issued Thursday by the Interior Department. Thirty-one Hawaiian bird species are listed as endangered, more than anywhere else in the country.
- Hawaii’s Clean Energy Initiative Gets Federal and Private Sector Boost: An update from Gov. Linda Lingle and DBEDT on the Hawaii Clean Energy Initiative (HCEI) aimed at producing 70 percent of Hawaii's energy from “clean” sources by the year 2030.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.