Bookmarks for June 14th
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on June 14th:
- Hawaii Biotech will be sold at auction: Hawaii Biotech filed for bankruptcy protection on Dec. 11, at which time it claimed between $1 million and $10 million in assets and liabilities. The company listed nearly 400 unsecured creditors.
- Lt. Governor Aiona Vetoes Suspension of High-Tech Tax Credits: Lt. Governor James R. "Duke" Aiona, Jr., as acting governor, today vetoed Senate Bill 2401, which would have suspended the Act 221 investment and infrastructure renovation tax credits for three years.
- ICx Technologies Wins Transportation Contract Worth up to $11 Million: ICx Technologies, Inc. has been awarded a systems manager contract valued at up to $11 million by the City and County of Honolulu for a Joint Traffic Management Center (JTMC).
- RWJF and Pew Award Six Grants to Examine the Impact of Policy on People’s Health: The Kohala Center will work in partnership with the Hawaii Department of Agriculture and Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research, Hawaii to develop an HIA that guides the creation of an agricultural plan for the county of Hawaii.
- Big Island Teachers Earn Presidential Honor: President Barack Obama named math teacher Yannabah Lewis of Kailua-Kona and science teacher John Constantinou of Keaau on Monday along with 101 other teachers from across the country.
- Zooming in on an infant solar system: Combining the light from the two Keck telescopes provides an angular resolution finer than Hubble's. Researchers achieved the resolution needed to observe processes in the centres of the nascent solar systems.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.