Bookmarks for August 24th
When I’m not blogging, I’m browsing. Here are sites and pages that I bookmarked on August 25th:
- Addicted Gamer Sues Game-Maker, Says He is ‘Unable to Function’: A federal judge is allowing a negligence lawsuit to proceed against the publisher of the online virtual-world game Lineage II, amid allegations that a Hawaii man became so addicted he is “unable to function independently in usual daily activities such as getting up, getting dressed, bathing or communicating with family and friends.”
- Akimeka Joins VSE Corporation Team: Akimeka LLC, a fast-growing Native Hawaiian health service information technology consulting company was acquired today by VSE Corporation, headquartered in Alexandria, VA.
- Medical Tech Class Saved By Donations: Two of Hawaii's largest clinical testing companies on Tuesday pitched in to save the only professional training program in the field of medical technology in the state.
- UH scientist predicts plastic garbage patch in Atlantic Ocean: Maximenko’s model predicts three other ocean “garbage patches” that have yet to be found: one in the South Atlantic, one in the South Pacific, and one in the South Indian Ocean.
- Clean energy attracts Asia-Pacific delegates: Representatives from 14 countries and territories, 24 Mainland states and more than 230 companies and organizations will converge in Honolulu for the second annual Asia-Pacific Clean Energy Summit and Expo.
- Asteroid threat early warning system proposed: ATLAS calls for two telescopes to serve as an early warning system against incoming asteroids. Leading the ATLAS effort here are space scientists John Tonry and Robert Jedicke of the Institute for Astronomy at the University of Hawaii.
- DoD preparing smart microgrid technology demonstration: Sen. Daniel Inouye is requesting a $12.5 million fiscal 2011 earmark directed to Pacific Command for creation of a Virtual Secure Enclave in Oahu, Hawaii, according to the senator’s disclosure of congressionally directed spending requests.
Check out all my bookmarks on Delicious.